Let me give you reasons why should test.
Would you like to save money and increase your sales? Testing can do that.
How to increase the selling power of your ads? Test different versions and use the one that brings in most SALES. You usually create a few different versions as you write your ads. Let your customers choose the best version through a test campaign. Test new approaches, but never change something just because you think you should. Judge the success of your ads based on SALES.
How to avoid mistakes and save money? Run a few test campaigns before you spend your whole budget. You can't trust only to your judgment when it comes to advertising. On direct and digital marketing you trust the RESULTS, not your gut.
I have seen an ad sell 60 percent more just because a letter font was changed. Here is my point: you can't guess what works, you have to test to know. Watch Drayton Bird's any presentation and he will show you what ad it was that sold 60 percent more thanks to testing.
- The reason why I love direct marketing is simple. On direct marketing you know what works, you don't have to guess. You and I doesn't have to argue between our tastes and views on marketing. We can do a simple A/B test and figure out whose version of the ad sells more.
Today testing is cheap and quick, thanks to the internet. You can do a simple test in the morning and by the noon you have the answers of what works.
By the way, did you know that you are in a privileged position compared to your competitors? If you understand and use direct marketing disciplines, such as testing, to the web your marketing will became bullet-proof.
Do you know who first said, "There are only two rules in advertising. Rule one: test. Rule two: refer to rule one." ?
You may also find these related marketing articles useful:
- Do You Make These Mistakes in Marketing?
- How to Create a Web Site that Sells
- 10 Coca-Cola Social Media Principles
- Why Direct Marketing Grows
- How to Brief Your Advertising Agency
Subscribe to my blog via email for free Click here