Here are 21 simple rules to follow to get maximum impact from your online advertising.
1. Make a real connection. Appeal to multiple human senses for maximum impact.
2. Use video.
3. Use audio.
4. Use interactive features.
5. Be engaging, don't just yell and assume that someone will listen because you are making noise.
6. Always call to action.
7. Measure your performance.
8. Don't just measure - understand your data.
9. Always look ways to improve your advertising.
10. Be specific with your content.
11. It's not CLARITY VS. CREATIVITY - It's CLARITY & CREATIVITY.
12. Study what others do.
13. Make it easy to share.
14. Make it worth sharing.
15. It's not about you, it's about me. Go ask Seth Godin.
16. Be open about your motivations.
17. NEVER SPAM.
18. Try first to improve your headline.
19. Build relationships. Internet is a two way thing.
20. Have clear written goals for your advertising.
21. Measure your success against your goals.
Can you name more guidelines for the effective internet advertising?
You may also find these articles interesting:
You have seen them, haven't you? I'm talking about dead LinkedIn accounts. You were doing a Google search of a person. Naturally, yo...
A Technique for Producing Ideas - James Webb Young "James Webb Young is in the tradition of some of our greatest thinkers when he de...
Yesterday I was watching videos from Drayton Bird Commonsense Marketing training course, when Drayton's definition of direct marketing s...
Be a judge. Are these really the top 5 advertising agencies in Tampere? Which ones do you think deserve to be on this list? 1. Imageneerin...
Which one do you think is better? Screwing up because you didn’t know or because you didn’t ask for advice? For a short moment let us...
Drayton Bird - Commonsense Direct & Digital Marketing Have you ever thought how advertising works? Do you know what makes people buy? ...
Would you like an experienced freelancer direct marketing copywriter to have look at your web site, sales letters, ads or brochures and give...
On 27th December 2011 Finnish news site ArcticStartup publish my article about marketing. My topic was how firms could do better while the ...
"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds. It is something one cre...
Dear blog reader, I've been absent. And I'm planning to be, however, I thought I take the time share what I've been doing and...